In August, a puppy and I fell in love with one another. Teeka (named after an Ewok of Star Wars fame) had no other choice but to come home with me.
In October, we celebrated a pair of birthdays for Dalton and James. Peggie designed the party to enjoy an American Indian theme. We had Navajo tacos, Indian cookies (corn meal and honey), and later enjoyed a recent discorvery of S'mores over the campfire. All had fun and played Indian games and Indian crafts.
The Three Little Indians
Peggie also made each of them a headband which contained a card with their name written in Cherokee. I had to download the character set in a font which I could print.
The day after the party, our good friend Dave flew in for another visit. We enjoyed his company and went to several new places. The new Air & Space museum next to Dulles Airport was impressive. I plan to return soon as the number of exhibits require more than a day to see.
Enola Gay
We also spent a day enjoying the fall colors in Shenandoah National Park. The weather was spectacular and we took many pictures.
Finally, on his last day we toured the Holocaust Museum. This was a sobering experience and all of us were greatly moved by the emotion elicited by the way the exhibits were displayed. I would hope that we never forget the lessons we learned and allow this to ever happen again.
4 comments:
It's about time you updated this BLOG! [And corrected the spelling of "summeer"!]
Is Chief Aiden saluting the Great Spirit or holding his nose to keep out the smoke of the campfire. How did his Mother and Dad permit his becoming a heathen like this?
Or his Grandma either!!!
Chief Aidan is raising his hand and saying "How". His granmother put him up to this with the approval of his father. his mom has other ideas about his future, however...
About that puppy: you say it is half Poodle (very intelligent) and half Cocker Spaniel (unbelievably stupid).
Does it come when called for dinner? (It probably takes after its Poodle dam/sire.)
Does it sit or lay down when commanded? (There's hope here! Must take after its Poodle dam/sire!)
Does it piddle on the carpet? (It took after its Cocker Spaniel dam/sire.)
Regretably, Grumpy
She eats little. This puppy would rather play than eat and we must calm ourselves down so that she remains at her bowl long enough to eat.
She will sit/lay down for Peggie very well. I am all play so she knows I am just kidding when I say anything.
She is good about holding for times to go out. Although she has had a couple of accidents, it has been when we did not pay attention to her need to go out.
Post a Comment