Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer Fun

We have had fun so far this summer with both the Kids and the Grandkids. Jordyn and Dalton were able to attend the summer fine artrs camp hosted by the county school system. Children through 6th grade were able to participate in Orchestra, Band, Art, Dance, Chorus, or Theater. The finale wes a presentation to all the parents with a wonderful production.


Jordyn participated in Chorus







Dalton participated in Theater




Aidan staying cool.





James is just (and always) happy.




Pawpaw with his tiny bass caught in a formerly sterile lake.


Of course the biggest change this summer was the difficult decision to trade in the beloved Jeep for a car with more "old people" comfort and better economy. As I was about to begin the few repairs to my VW Rabbit deisel (50 mpg), my oldest proclaimed: "Dad, you are almost 60! Go get a car with airconditioning and other comforts." How could I let my poor sons down. My wonderful and important better half sent me off to the vultures with the instructions that I could have anything as long as it had 4 doors and leg room in the rear seat. I did not look far. I found a car with the nicest wheels, grill, and color and was immediately in love. It had the 3.5 L V6 engine and I did not know what else until it was in my posession. It turns out that it had most of the options and is now known as the TV car. It has an entertainment system including TV and wireless headsets. It also includes GPS and bluetooth. A 30 GB hard disk allows me to copy my music CD's so I do not have to carry them inside the car. In the fall, I will try opening the power sun roof to enjoy the air. This winter, I am sure I will enjoy the heated leather seats. All of my boys and grandkids approve of grandpa's choice.

The Red Drag-on

We all hope our summer is fun. More updates will follow as they come.


2 comments:

Great Grumpy Z. said...

Ar-rggh!! Where's my sun glasses?! Such a brilliant red!! (I'm jealous -- First Wife insists my "Red Rocket" is actually "maroon".)

"Maroon? MAROON!! MAROON!!!," bellowed the Grump. "My car is NOT maroon!! It is a deep metallic RED!!"

"Yeah", says the resident Grandson. "'Red' like the color of Renton High School sports jackets are 'red'!"

Pawpaw said...

I think that I should rename the beast the "Red Rambler" and figure out how to move the hubcaps...